Saturday, April 26, 2008


Does your shoe have a boy inside? What a funny place for a boy to hide! Does your shoe have a dog there too? A boy and a dog and a foot in a shoe. Well, the boy is Buster Brown. And the dog is Tige, his friend. And they're really just a picture but it's fun to play pretend. So look look look in the telephone book for the store that sells the shoe, with the picture of the boy and the dog inside so you can put your foot in too. Buster Brown Shoes!

I'm not quite sure what precipitated the conversation, but my mother and I were trying to figure out the Buster Brown song. It was used by the shoe company as I remember in the early 60's. Apparently in 1902 Buster Brown and his dog Tige made their debut in a Sunday comic strip in the New York Herald, so I'm sure they made their way into the shoes long before the 60's.

The internet is either a great source of reference for people like me with pop trivia on the brain or takes us away from the matter at hand. I found the lyrics to Buster Brown in seconds and also stumbled upon another pop culture website where you can waste away hours. TV Land has posted trailers for 1000 movies from the 50's to the 90's. I of course couldn't stay away from Beach Party with that wonderfully joyous song Beach Party Tonight sung by Annette and Frankie. Here's the link and happy clicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment