I was surprised I never heard of her so I did some research.
- She was one of the first African-American female entertainment managers.
- Her husband George, who died in 1967, had control of the Drifters after buying out original member Clyde McPhatter.
- Faye bought out her husband’s former business partners and assumed management and control of the group.
- She moved to London in the 1970's and took the Drifters with her.
- In 2006 she won a legal battle to retain control of the Drifters' trademark.