Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stormy Songs

As we New Yorkers prepare for the worst, I was thinking of weather appropriate songs.
I like Windy by the Association and Stormy Weather.  My friend Lucia echoed Stormy Weather, but added Lena Horne's version.  Can't argue with that.



Hurricane by Bob Dylan only works because of it's title. Hurricane Carter has nothing to do with this storm.  It's a long one. 

Classic line:  I want to love you but I'm getting blown away of course comes from Neil Young's Like A Hurricane.

There there is the dreadful Stormy by Classic IV. That song was on the radio all the time in 1968.  I did not know they were from Jacksonville, Fl.

For those on the coast, Head Above Water by Hall and Oates might be appropriate.  

There are hundreds of rain songs and I seem to like all of them.

If you're in the path of the storm, stay safe.



1 comment:

  1. Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head.
    Just happend to win 'best song' at Oscars 1969 for Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid.
    Fun song, great actors, and then throw in
    Burt Bacharach and B.J. Thomas vocals.
    T'Boo

    ReplyDelete