However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time.
There are a few tidbits which make this interesting.
1. They cite irreconcilable differences of ambition, not musical differences which is usually the response when someone in the band wants a solo career.
2. They are both married, but not to each other. According to the Huffington Post, Joy Williams is married to the band's manager Nate Yetton and they have a baby.
3. If I was their booking agent (it makes sense that it's Frank Riley), I'd be pulling my hair out. It's so hard to find acts that can have a long career these days. The Civil Wars looked like they were on the long road.
4. They realize fans might be taking a hit on ticket fees, travel costs, etc so they offer this not-exactly-a-guarantee, but a hopefully we can get you that money back offering:
Please email us at email@example.com if there are costs incurred that you would like to be reimbursed for... and we will do our best to reimburse you for non-refundable charges.
5. The cryptic ending to the post:
Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013.
Does this mean they have music lying around that no one has heard, therefore it could come out as new music or are they ok in the studio just not on the road or do they think like the North and the South they will fight it out and whoever is victorious will see their ambition realized for the band? I guess we'll have to wait till next year.