Monday, October 09, 2006

Mets 3- Dodgers 0, Iron Men

The Mets won, swept the Dodgers and on Wednesday they play the Cardinals at Shea. Saturday night's game will always be associated with "Iron Man". This goes to show you how advertising gets in your ears. Watching sporting events on TV (especially if it's the same network, Fox in this case) makes you imune to the visuals or the branding in the commercials as they repeat the same ads over and over. I saw one spot that takes place in an office and I think it's for Burger King, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. A car company- see the branding was lost on me again- uses the intro to Iron Man in their spot. I think I heard it at least once an inning. Now it's been in my head for the past three days. It didn't help promote the vehicle, but it makes me want to go to iTunes and download the song. Viva La Ozzy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:14 PM

    ...and more money for the genius Steve Jobs.

    ReplyDelete