Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Junk Mail Courtesy of Dennice Brown


The Christmas season makes the mail carriers jobs that much heavier. It seems we are inundated with catalogs and junk mail. How many credit cards can a person apply for? Dennice decided to save every piece of junk mail from November and here are her results. Does it hit home?

Ever wonder how much junk mail you get in a month? Well, crazy Dennice does. I've saved every catalog and piece of junk mail for the month of November. That is only 30 days. Here is what I got. And if you want to know what it looks like, just open my photo (the stack is 12" high - I've added my coffee cup to the photo so you can get the feel of the height of the stack). 113 pieces of junk mail - and here is the break down 11 from Citibank 9 from Capital one 9 from Bank of America 8 from Chase 6 from United 5 from Am Ex 65 other including: 3 return address labels for DR and I; 1 fancy notepad saying Rizzo Family; and 9 blank holiday cards for my own use compliments of the Humane Society and Alley Cat Allies 94 Catalogs - including 7 from Bloomingdale's 4 from ESPN 4 from Red Envelope 4 from Paul Fredrick 4 from Hammacher Schlemmer 3 from Frontgate 3 from Lillian Vernon 3 from Pottery barn 3 Charles Tyrwitt (who?) 2 from Johnston & Murphy 2 from Crate & Barrel (surprised only 2, seems like I get one every day) 2 Fredrick's of Hollywood (might just order from there) 2 from 2008 Calendar Collection 2 from Jos A. Bank 2 from All Posters 2 from NFL 2 from Torneau 2 from Exposures 2 from Harry & David 2 from Sharper Image 2 from Eddie Bauer 2 from Coldwater Creek 2 from WineCountry Gift Basket 2 from Vermont County Store 41 other Now I have to to go and get calling to get off the lists so I am not responsible for killing any more trees. Happy Holidays and Go Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment