Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Attic Lights & the Beach Boys' Drummer

Last night my friend and producer Craig Levy and I toasted to the reissue of Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue. (This link will bring you to Amazon where there is a short video about the record.) The one and only solo album from the Beach Boys drummer. I still have it on vinyl and love this record. It's great to have it back. In a coincidence, I was looking at the myspace site of Attic Lights, a Glasgow band, who have a Beach Boys related sound. Their debut record comes out this August, produced by Francis MacDonald (Teenage Fanclub, Camera Obscura and Shoeshine Records). Bring You Down which is from the soon to be released record has Beach Boys harmonies and production all over it. There on their Myspace blog is a reference to purchasing the Dennis Wilson album. It always puts a smile on my face (as well as makes me seek out their music) when young musicians revere and reference the music that I hold dear and sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment