Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Defamation Emails: How to Bash a Candidate with Falsifications and Half Truths

I'm not going to pontificate on whom to vote for. To quote Johnny Mathis (written by Allen & Stillman), "That's not for me to say". I have been forwarded an extraordinary amount of emails defaming the character of the candidates for the highest offices in our country. I have dissected and followed up on each one of them only to find that the information is either blatantly false or a half truth. What saddens me most is that the majority of people read it, believe it and delete it. I could be wrong, but I don't think people are trying to get to the bottom of the story and prove it's worth.

It's going to get uglier in the days leading up to 11/4. Most important is what the candidate stands for and is it what you believe in. Who do you think will be better at eliminating our dependence on foreign oil and helping to preserve our environment? Who is more level headed to guide us out of economic disaster? The next president will probably appoint 3 judges to the Supreme Court. How do you want them to vote? Who has a better foreign policy and who will help mend our global relations? Let's focus on the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment