Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The First 45 You Ever Purchased

Bruce Warren of WXPN has a dialogue on his Facebook page asking followers to name the first 45 you bought.  Some of the responses made me laugh:  Seasons in the Sun, You and Me and A Dog Named Boo, Kung Fu Fighting.  This posting may not apply to those born after 1980.  The responses are definitely dictated by baby boomers. 

My first purchased single:  Mrs Robinson by Simon & Garfunkel.  I would probably still have it today if my brother hadn't broken it during a fight.  It's amazing how that first purchase is ingrained in everyone's brain.  It was so exciting to be able to buy a record with my money.  I'm guessing this is different for kids now.  Will they remember the first song they ever downloaded? Do you remember the first 45 you bought?


1 comment: