Monday, February 09, 2009

Grammy Observations

I wasn't consistent in my viewing of the Grammys last night but here are my various observations:
  • U2's opening number was uninteresting and missing a memorable chorus. I expected more from them.
  • Katy Perry was awkward.
  • Justin Timberlake had the biggest smile on his face while singing with Al Green. He truly looked happy to be there. Keith Urban had a little George Benson thing going on during the same song.
  • Carrie Underwood's guitarist rocked. Her name is Orianthi. I read she just signed a deal with Geffen.
  • MIA was about to drop her baby any second. I think it was her due date.
  • Alison Krauss does not talk very much
  • Jonas Brothers and Stevie Wonder, Huh?
  • Coldplay's Viva La Vida won for song of the year. This award goes to the songwriters. Joe Satriani has claimed they stole his song If I Could Fly. Lawyers are talking.
  • Charlie Hayden is Jack Black's father-in-law.
  • The sound mix was sub par.

No comments:

Post a Comment